- Nelson Cruz led the way in the Mariners 11-1 win over the Athletics. Cruz was 2 for 4 with a HR and 5 RBI. Batters 2-6 in Seattle’s lineup went a combined 10 for 21 driving in all 11 runs. Shortstop Taylor Motter hit a grand slam and now has 5 HR on the season. He will lose playing once Jean Segura returns from the DL but Seattle would be foolish not to find room for the hot hitting Motter.
- Marcus Stroman went the distance in the Blue Jays 6-2 win over the Angels. This is his 2nd complete game of the year. He allowed 7 hits, just 1 earned run, and struck out 5. He now has a 3.10 ERA through 4 starts. Luckily for him, the Blue Jays offense finally came alive late with a 4-run 8th and 2-run 9th inning.
- Yu Darvish looked great in his outing against the Royals. He went 8 innings of 2 run ball getting 8 Ks. Matt Bush recorded his 1st save with a perfect 9th inning and 1 strikeout. Joey Gallo went deep for the 6th time this season as well.
- Billy Hamilton stole 2 bases in the Reds 7-5 win over the Cubs. He leads the league with 9 SB. He is only hitting .225 (.273OBP) but is still on pace for over 80 SB. A bump in his hitting ratios would only lead to more opportunities for Hamilton on the bases. He is 9 for 10 in stolen base attempts so far.
- Ivan Nova was dominant against his former team on Sunday. The former Yankees pitcher led his current team, the Pirates, with 7 innings of 1 run ball allowing 4 hits and getting 7 Ks. His best performance of the young season gives Nova a 2.00 ERA 0.89 WHIP through 27 innings. Tony Watson nailed down his 6th save of the season. Watson lowered his ERA to 1.13 with a scoreless 9th.
Roto Report (April 23, 2017): Cruz, Hamilton, Nova, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from April 23, 2017