- Addison Russell played hero in the Cubs 7-4 win over the Brewers. Russell hit a walk off 3-run HR and finished 2 for 4. He had 4 RBI on the day and also stole a base. His performance was at the expense of Milwaukee closer Neftali Feliz. Feliz came on in the bottom of the 8th. He would get 2 outs in the 9th before allowing the home run to Russell. In total, he allowed 4 runs and now has a 6.75 ERA on the season.
- Mitch Haniger continued his hot start going 3 for 4 with 4 RBI and 3 R. Haniger is batting .323 with 4 HR 15 R and 15 RBI. Teammate Kyle Seager had a 4 RBI day as well. Seager has gotten off to a relatively slow start but this performance is a welcomed sight for his owners. And lastly, Felix Hernandez was roughed up for 12 hits but somehow only surrendered 4 runs over 6.1 innings. Hernandez would get the W as the Mariners took down the Marlins 10-5.
- Masahiro Tanaka had his best outing of the season going 7 innings of 1 run ball with 6 Ks. This start lower his ERA to 6.00 but he has a 3.44 ERA over his past 3 games. The Yankees offense was on fire with 6 extra base hits and 4 homers. Aaron Judge continued his impressive start to the season going 2 for 3 with a 451 ft solo HR.
- Amir Garrett was impressive in a 2-0 loss to the Orioles. The Reds rookie went 7 innings allowing 2 runs and getting 12 strikeouts. Garrett has a 1.83 ERA and 0.86 WHIP in 3 starts this season. Baltimore’s bats would wiff 16 times in the game. Unfortunately for the Reds, Ubaldo Jimenez pitched around his 4 walks and allowed just 2 hits (the only hits Cincinnati would manage all game) in 7.2 innings of shutout work.
- Jay Bruce beat the Phillies 5-4. The Mets outfielder hit a 3-run HR followed by a 2-run HR to account for all of New York’s offense. This performance raises Bruce’s batting average to an impressive .309. He has 6 HR and 14 RBI on the year.
Roto Report (April 19, 2017): Russell, Haniger, Garrett, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from April 19, 2017