- Starling Marte was suspended by MLB 80 games for the use of PEDs. More on that here. The Pirates lost their first game without their All Star outfielder 2-1 to the Cardinals. St. Louis pitcher Mike Leake continued his run of solid starts. Despite getting just 1 K, Leake held the Pirates to 1 run over 6.1 innings of work. He has only allowed 2 runs in 21.1 innings to start the season.
- The White Sox put an end to the Yankees winning ways with a 4-1 victory over New York. Avisail Garcia hit a 3-run HR which proved to be the difference in the game. Garcia continues his hot start and is a perfect add for those needing an OF replacement in fantasy leagues. Luis Servino was very good in a losing effort. He pitched 8 innings giving up 3 hits and 3 earned runs while striking out 10.
- Kevin Gausman was roughed up for 8 runs in just 2.2 innings in his team’s 9-3 loss to the Reds. The Orioles starter has a 7.23 ERA on the season. He will look to rebound in his next outing at home against the Red Sox. Adam Duvall hit a grand slam and finished 2 for 4 with 5 RBI. Duvall is hitting .286 with 4 HR and 12 RBI on the year.
- Max Scherzer was great (7IP 0R 7K), Bryce Harper doubled twice, and Freddie Freeman continues to avoid outs, but the big news from the Nationals 3-1 win over the Braves was in the 9th inning. Closer Blake Treinen came on with a 3-0 lead. He proceeded to allow 2 hits, issue 2 walks, including walking home a run, and was then pulled for Shawn Kelley. Kelley would get the next 2 batters out and nail down the save. The closer situation in Washington just got more interesting.
- The Indians offense had a field day in their 11-4 win over the Twins. 4 of Cleveland’s players had multi-hit efforts. Jose Ramirez was 2-5 with 2 RBI. He's off to a great start hitting .365 with 4 HR and 15 RBI. He's also been playing 2B in the absence of Jason Kipnis and should have eligibility there in most formats and sites.
Roto Report (April 18, 2017): Marte, Gausman, Treinen, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from April 18, 2017