- Brandon Phillips had a great day in the Braves 9-2 win over the Padres. He was 3-4 with 2 runs, 3 RBI and a stolen base. He's batting .333 on the year and consistently hits in the middle of Atlanta’s offense. There are certainly worse options in fantasy. The ageless wonder aka Bartolo Colon had a 7 inning outing with one blemish (a solo HR to Ryan Schmipf). He was near perfect other than that with 6 Ks.
- Bryce Harper looked every bit the part of MVP on Sunday. Harper was 3-5 with 2 HR and 5 RBI. This including a walk-off 3-run HR. He’s hitting .333 with 4 HR 13 RBI and a .455 OBP. It should be noted the Harper HR was hit off of new Phillies closer Joaquin Benoit. Hector Neris is still the guy to grab in that bullpen. Wait patiently, it will pay off.
- A pitcher’s duel broke out between the Angels and Royals. Los Angeles starter Tyler Skaggs threw 7 scoreless allowing 4 hits and getting 9 strikeouts. Ian Kennedy outperformed him with 8 scoreless innings just 2 hits allowed and 10 Ks. The Royals would win 1-0 in walk-off fashion.
- The Rockies led the Giants 4-3 at the end of the top of the 2nd inning. This would prove to be the final score as well. Colorado starter Antonio Senzatela was solid with 7 inning of 3 run ball. The young Rockies pitcher has a 2.37 ERA through 3 starts. Closer Greg Holland nailed down his 7th save of the season. Holland has yet to allow a run.
- Avisail Garcia played hero in the White Sox 3-1 extra inning win over the Twins. He was 4-5 with a 2-run HR. He is batting .465 on the season with 10 RBI and 7 runs scored. He's starting to gain fantasy consideration in more then just AL only formats.
Roto Report (April 16, 2017): Harper, Kennedy, Garcia, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from April 16, 2017