- Stephen Strasburg was great in a no decision against the Phillies. He went 7 innings allowing 5 hits and 2 runs whiling striking out 8 batters. His counterpart, Aaron Nola, was solid as well. Nola pitched 5 innings of 1 run ball getting 6 Ks. The Nationals would win the game 3-2 in 10 innings.
- The Brewers had an offensive outburst to beat the Reds 10-4. Jonathan Villar made up for lost time with a 3 SB game. Eric Thames continued his return season going 2-5 with a HR and 3 RBI. Even though he was hitless, Ryan Braun managed to walk 3 times and steal 2 bags.
- Rick Porcello had a rough day at the office in Boston’s 10-5 loss to the Rays. The former Cy Young winner looked more Cy Yuck! He allowed 8 runs, including 4 home runs, in just 4.1 innings. The Red Sox starter had his 20 game streak of 6 innings or more pitched snapped. He will look to get back on track with his next start at Toronto.
- Danny Duffy was stellar in the Royals 7-1 win over the Angels. Duffy went 7 innings allowing just 3 hits and 1 run while getting 6 Ks. This is his second consecutive 7 inning outing. He now has a 1.80 ERA with 17 strikeouts over 20 innings of work on the season.
- Clayton Kershaw did his thing in the Dodgers 7-1 win over the Diamondbacks. Kershaw went 8.1 innings giving up 4 hits and 1 run. He recorded 8 Ks as well. Kershaw being Kershaw.
A look at the fantasy performances from April 14, 2017