- The Twins offense was firing on all cylinders in their 11-5 win over the Tigers. Max Kepler and Miguel Sano both had 3-run homers during the game. This was Sano’s third HR of the year. He also walked 3 times. The often K prone third baseman is hitting a surprising .310 this season with 10 R and 11 RBI. He has David Ortiz like potential, could he finally be putting it together? Oh, and Miguel Cabrera homered so let’s stop worrying about him.
- Yu Darvish was dominant in his outing against the Angels. He went 7 scoreless innings allowing just 5 hits and striking out 10. The game got out of hand quickly and a few Angels starters left early. Regardless, this outing is a step in the right direction for Darvish.
- Avisail Garcia had a nice game for the White Sox going 3-4 with 3 RBI. This performance raised his batting average to .452 on the season. Teammate Matt Davidson got his day off to a great start with a 3 run HR as part of a 5 run 1st inning for Chicago. Davidson has 2 HR 8 RBI and a .333 AVG to begin the year.
- Replacing an injuried Brett Gardner, Aaron Hicks had a great game in New York’s 3-2 win over the Rays. The Yankees outfielder hit 2 homeruns and drove in all 3 runs for his team. Luis Severino was dominant on the mound for New York. He went 7 innings allowing 2 runs and striking out 11 batters. Severino has proven to be a great pitcher at times through his young career. Here’s hoping he figures it out on a more consistent basis.
- Two early power players slugged it out in Miami on Thursday night. Yoenis Cespedes had a two homerun night, both solo shots. He now has 6 HR on the year. Marcell Ozuna got things going for the Marlins with a 1st inning grand slam. He is batting .389 with 4 HR and 16 RBI to start the season.
A look at the fantasy performances from April 13, 2017