- Yankees starter Michael Pineda was dominant in his start against the Rays. He went 7.2 innings allowing just 2 hits and 1 run. He struck out 11 and did not issue a walk. Pineda took a perfect game into the 7th but lost it on a Evan Longoria double with 2 outs. Pineda posted a 4.82ERA last season but struck out 10.6 batters per nine. His next outing will be at home to the Cardinals but which version of Michael Pineda will fantasy owners see?
- Jharel Cotton led his team to a 2-0 victory over the Royals. The Athletics starter pitched 7 innings of 2 hit ball while striking out 6. Cotton is a solid streaming option but the Royals appear to be early favorites to stream pitchers against. The team is averaging just 3 runs per game.
- Matt Moore got the best of the Diamondbacks in an early rematch on Monday. Moore threw 8 innings, gave up just 1 run, and struck out 5. AT&T park has been friendly to Moore since he became a member of the Giants. His next outing will be at home against the Rockies.
- Wil Myers went 4-4 with 2 RBI in Colorado and finished with a cycle! The Padres first baseman started with a single, then double, hit a solo shot, and finally tripled during the 8th inning to finish out the cycle. He is now hitting .382 on the season with 3 HR 7 RBI and 8 R.
- Bryce Harper was 1 of 6 Nationals with multiple hits in Washington’s 14-6 win over the Cardinals. Harper was 4-4 with 3 RBI and 2 BB. The All Star outfielder is hitting .385 with 2 HR 8 RBI and a .500 OBP to begin the season.
Roto Report (April 10, 2017): Pineda, Myers, Harper, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from April 10, 2017