- Jeanmar Gomez came on in the 9th inning with a 3 run lead over the Nationals. He allowed a single, walked a batter, and then gave up a 3 run home run to pinch hitter Ryan Zimmerman. The Phillies would go on to rally back and win in the bottom half of the inning, giving Gomez the win nonetheless. A change seems to be imminent at this point. Grab up Hector Neris before it’s too late.
- The Braves and Pirates had a fun game that went into extra innings before Pittsburgh walked off victorious 6-5. Freddie Freeman was the stand out of the game going 4-5 with two solo HR and a stolen base. Starling Marte played hero for his team going 4-5 including the walk off 2 run home run in the 10th.
- Ervin Santana turned in another quality start pitching 6 shut out innings against the White Sox. This start gives the Twins pitcher a 2-0 record with a 0.69ERA and 0.62WHIP over 13 innings. His next outing will be a rematch against the White Sox at home for Santana. The strikeouts won't impress but the ratios are hard to argue.
- Jake Arrieta had a dominant performance against the Brewers. He pitched 7 strong innings and struck out 10. His only blemish was a 3 run HR allowed to Ryan Braun.
- The Houston pitching staff was solid against the Royals in their 12 inning game. Astros starter Lance McCullers went 7 innings allowing 3 runs while striking out 10. McCullers did not issue a walk. Long reliever Chris Devenski went 4 innings with 7 Ks. This is his second 4 inn 7 K outing of the season. He's a must own in AL only and is starting to gain consideration in 12 team leagues for his high K rate and impressive ratios.
Roto Report (April 9, 2017): Gomez, Arrieta, Devenski, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from April 9, 2017