Hart Memorial Trophy: Connor McDavid. He is going to be T.H.E. best this year.
Lady Byng Memorial Trophy: Vladimir Tarasenko. A player full of grace and sportsmanship
Vezina Trophy: Braden Holtby. To me, he is the best goalie in the league.
Art Ross Trophy: Connor McDavid. Back to back sweeps in Hart and Art for Connor.
Jack Adams Award: Mike Babcock. As he leads the Toronto Maple Leafs to leaders in the Atlantic Division
Frank J Selke Trophy: Jonathan Toews. He plays an essential part of the resurgent Blackhawks season.
James Norris Trophy: Drew Doughty. After a down year, he rebounds this year to come back with avengence and win his 2nd Norris Trophy.
Calder Memorial Trophy: Clayton Keller. I’ve mentioned it before, all he does is score points.
Atlantic Division Winner: Toronto Maple Leafs. Watching this young squad take the team to the next step with Mike Babcock at the helm is going to be a lot of fun to watch
Metropolitan Division Winner: Pittsburgh Penguins. The team is too talented and will rise above a tough division
Pacific Division Winner: Edmonton Oilers. Connor is stepping into Sid’s shoes as the heir apparent for league MVP year in and out.
Eastern Conference Winner: Washington Capitals. Call me a gluten for punishment but I think this is the year that they break through that elusive 2nd round and after that it’s all gravy for them.
Western Conference Winner: Chicago Blackhawks. In the ultimate we aren’t dead quite yet, they show why they can still pull their weight.
Stanley Cup Winner: Washington Capitals. I feel pretty strongly that I’m going to be shaking my head when they are ousted in the second round but one of these years they have to break through and why not this year!
Now for my 10 Bold Predictions
1. The Dallas Stars had 34 wins last year. This year they have a 30% increase and finish with at least 44 wins.
2. Matt Duchene is traded to the Columbus Blue Jackets and they finish in the team finishes in the top 3 in goals scored this year.
3. Brock Boeser outscores every rookie but two: Nico Hischier and Clayton Keller.
4. My 2016 sleeper Pavel Zacha was indeed sleeping for a year, this year he scores 45+ points almost doubling his point production from last year
5. Tampa Bay Lightning finish in the top 10 in goals for and fewest goals against.
6. The Arizona Coyotes with all of their young talent do something the organization has not done in 4 years – they win 5 straight games.
7. The Carolina Hurricanes not only make the playoffs for the first time in 9 years but they win their first round matchup too.
8. The St. Louis Blues defensive side starts to erode as they go from 12th most goals against to the bottom third this year.
9. Matt Martin lands in the top 3 in hits AND Niklas Hjalmarsson lands in the top 3 in blocked shots.
10. Four goalies had at least 40 wins last season, this year only 1 does.