- Blake Snell and Kevin Gausman put on a show in the finale for both teams in 2017. Gausman tossed 7 innings allowing 1 run on 6 hits while striking out 9. Snell was even better. The Rays starter had 7 scoreless innings allowing just 2 hits. He struck out a career high 13 while issuing nary a walk. Snell finishes the year with a 4.04 ERA
- Gio Gonzalez tossed 4.1 innings in the Nationals final game against the Pirates. He allowed 7 hits and 6 runs and walked 3. Gonzalez finishes the year with a 2.96 ERA. He has lasted 5 innings or fewer in 4 of his last 5 starts. He has a 5.85 ERA in his final 6 starts.
- In a game that featured the final game for 2 managers, the Phillies beat the Mets 11-0. Neither Terry Collins or Pete Mackanin will return to their respective teams next season. For Mackanin's squad, Maikel Franco went 1 for 5 with a 3-run HR. He finishes 2017 hitting 24 HR and 76 RBI. Nick Williams hit a 3-run HR as well. Williams would finish 2 for 4 on the day with 2 runs. He hit .288 with 12 HR and 55 RBI in 83 games for the Phillies.
- Eric Hosmer was 1 for 1 with a solo home run in what is probably his final game for the Royals. He also had 2 runs scored. Hosmer, along with several of his teammates, were lifted in the 5th inning of a Diamondbacks win over the Kansas City squad. Hosmer finishes the season with 25 HR 94 RBI 98 runs and 6 SB. He, Mike Moustakas, and Lorenzo Cain might part ways in the offseason. All 3 are eligible for free agency.
- And with that, I tip my cap to you! Thank you for reading the Roto Report and I will see you next season!
Eric Hosmer, Blake Snell, Gio Gonzalez, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from October 1, 2017