Hey Fake Teamers, with Ray stepping away, SB Nation is looking for a new site manager here at Fake Teams.
This person will be responsible for managing the daily operations of a large website with a loyal following of readers, and ideally is an obsessive fantasy sports fan.
The perfect candidate can express her or his thoughts about fantasy sports in a consistently engaging way. Hopefully you're as big of a nerd about the internet, social media and sports journalism as you are about fantasy sports. You should have experience managing people, the ability to delegate and an insatiable desire to discover and produce work that fantasy sports fans love.
This is a contractor position that pays a monthly stipend. Some daytime availability is preferred.
- Write, edit and ensure regular publication of quality fantasy sports writing.
- Manage a diverse team of writers.
- Operate the Fake Teams Facebook page, Twitter account and other social media channels.
- Communicate regularly with SB Nation management about site goals, traffic analysis and progress.
- Shape the editorial direction of Fake Teams.
- Respect the tone, work, personalities and community that have made Fake Teams the best fantasy sports blog on the Internet.
- Obsessive knowledge of and passion for fantasy sports.
- You're a great writer, communicator and manager.
- You're experienced with web publishing tools (or you're a quick learner).
- You take pride in what you do.
tl;dr: if you're a passionate fantasy sports fan who wants to help us continue to grow Fake Teams into the greatest destination for fantasy sports fans on the internet, we want to hear from you.
If you think you're a good fit, fill out the application linked here.
Vox Media is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply, including women, LGBTQ people, people of color, and people with disabilities.