Four of the past five weeks, there have been multiple teams on bye, but we’re finally in the clear. This week features 32 options, some better than others, but there should be plenty of productive quarterbacks for fantasy owners of all league formats.
Here are my Top 32 QBs for Week 14 vs. FantasyPros' ECR rankings:
Fantasy Football rankings - Week 14View Available Players
|#||Player (team)||Matchup||ECR™||vs. ECR|
|1||Russell Wilson (SEA)||at GB||5||+4|
|2||Tom Brady (NE)||vs. BAL||4||+2|
|3||Andrew Luck (IND)||vs. HOU||3||0|
|4||Aaron Rodgers (GB)||vs. SEA||2||-2|
|5||Drew Brees (NO)||at TB||1||-4|
|6||Ben Roethlisberger (PIT)||at BUF||10||+4|
|7||Matt Ryan (ATL)||at LA||8||+1|
|8||Matthew Stafford (DET)||vs. CHI||6||-2|
|9||Jameis Winston (TB)||vs. NO||7||-2|
|10||Cam Newton (CAR)||vs. SD||12||+2|
|11||Derek Carr (OAK)||at KC||13||+2|
|12||Kirk Cousins (WAS)||at PHI||9||-3|
|13||Dak Prescott (DAL)||at NYG||14||+1|
|14||Philip Rivers (SD)||at CAR||11||-3|
|15||Marcus Mariota (TEN)||vs. DEN||19||+4|
|16||Colin Kaepernick (SF)||vs. NYJ||18||+2|
|17||Eli Manning (NYG)||vs. DAL||16||-1|
|18||Andy Dalton (CIN)||at CLE||15||-3|
|19||Tyrod Taylor (BUF)||vs. PIT||17||-2|
|20||Carson Palmer (ARI)||at MIA||20||0|
|21||Trevor Siemian (DEN)||at TEN||25||+4|
|22||Joe Flacco (BAL)||at NE||21||-1|
|23||Robert Griffin (CLE)||vs. CIN||27||+4|
|24||Alex Smith (KC)||vs. OAK||22||-2|
|25||Blake Bortles (JAC)||vs. MIN||31||+6|
|26||Bryce Petty (NYJ)||at SF||30||+4|
|27||Ryan Tannehill (MIA)||vs. ARI||32||+5|
|28||Carson Wentz (PHI)||vs. WAS||24||-4|
|29||Brock Osweiler (HOU)||at IND||28||-1|
|30||Matt Barkley (CHI)||at DET||29||-1|
|31||Sam Bradford (MIN)||at JAC||33||+2|
|32||Jared Goff (LA)||vs. ATL||26||-6|
Notes & Analysis:
- After three high-end QB1 performances in a row, Russell Wilson has cooled down with back-to-back mediocre outputs. In what always seems to be a tightly-contested matchup against the Packers and their banged-up defense, I see this as an ideal “get right” game for Russ.
- Look for Tom Brady to be on his A-game this Monday night in what feels like a statement game for the AFC playoff picture. He’s a good bet to throw for 300+ yards and multiple touchdowns at home, even against a stout Baltimore defense.
- Coming off a superb performance on MNF, Andrew Luck should have momentum on his side, and his owners couldn’t ask for it to come at a better time. Luck is a QB1 with upside at home against Houston.
- Ben Roethlisberger has struggled on the road compared to his home numbers, but he should come out swinging against a Bills defense that has given up multiple TDs through the air in four of their last five contests. He’s a solid QB1 with AB and the emerging presence of Ladarius Green.
- Matthew Stafford is fresh off a huge game in which he threw for 341 yards and two scores. Against a surprisingly decent Chicago pass D, Stafford should provide starter-worthy numbers at home this week.
- After one of his better games this season, Cam Newton flopped last Sunday night against the Seahawks, but he’s always in the QB1 discussion in my mind. With weekly game-winning upside, Newton should be starting in fantasy leagues against San Diego’s mediocre pass defense.
- Derek Carr squares off against the Chiefs on Thursday Night Football in Week 14, and traveling to Arrowhead is no easy task for NFL signal callers. Regardless of the setting, Carr is a borderline QB1 who rarely puts up a dud.
- Dak Prescott hasn’t played the Giants since way back in Week 1, when he was truly considered a rookie. Well, a lot has changed since then, and Dak should be able to post low-end QB1 numbers as the Cowboys try to even the series at 1-1.
- Marcus Mariota will need to play some of his best football if he wants to pick up the W against the Broncos fierce defense, but he’s a smart player who is capable of making splash plays with his feet if needed. He’s out of the QB1 picture in Week 14, but I’m at least anticipating a respectable outing from him at home.
- Robert Griffin is finally healthy and ready to give this whole “starting gig” another try, but what can we expect after such a long absence? In a game the Browns probably want to win more than the Bengals, I wouldn’t be surprised if RG3 had a big game at home, and I’m surely a fan of his daily football potential this week.