Half a dozen signal-callers are resting this week, so we’re left with just 26 available QBs in Week 8. Still, there are plenty of serviceable options to get your fantasy team a much-needed win before the playoff race tightens.
Here are my Top 26 QBs for Week 8 vs. FantasyPros' ECR rankings:
Fantasy Football rankings - Week 8View Available Players
|#||Player (team)||Matchup||ECR™||vs. ECR|
|1||Tom Brady (NE)||at BUF||1||0|
|2||Andrew Luck (IND)||vs. KC||4||+2|
|3||Cam Newton (CAR)||vs. ARI||7||+4|
|4||Aaron Rodgers (GB)||at ATL||3||-1|
|5||Matt Ryan (ATL)||vs. GB||2||-3|
|6||Russell Wilson (SEA)||at NO||5||-1|
|7||Drew Brees (NO)||vs. SEA||6||-1|
|8||Derek Carr (OAK)||at TB||8||0|
|9||Andy Dalton (CIN)||vs. WAS||10||+1|
|10||Matthew Stafford (DET)||at HOU||11||+1|
|11||Dak Prescott (DAL)||vs. PHI||15||+4|
|12||Kirk Cousins (WAS)||at CIN||14||+2|
|13||Jameis Winston (TB)||vs. OAK||9||-4|
|14||Marcus Mariota (TEN)||vs. JAC||13||-1|
|15||Blake Bortles (JAC)||at TEN||21||+6|
|16||Ryan Fitzpatrick (NYJ)||at CLE||17||+1|
|17||Carson Palmer (ARI)||at CAR||12||-5|
|18||Brock Osweiler (HOU)||vs. DET||20||+2|
|19||Alex Smith (KC)||at IND||16||-3|
|20||Josh McCown (CLE)||vs. NYJ||26||+6|
|21||Philip Rivers (SD)||at DEN||19||-2|
|22||Carson Wentz (PHI)||at DAL||23||+1|
|23||Tyrod Taylor (BUF)||vs. NE||18||-5|
|24||Trevor Siemian (DEN)||vs. SD||22||-2|
|25||Jay Cutler (CHI)||vs. MIN||25||0|
|26||Sam Bradford (MIN)||at CHI||24||-2|
Notes & Analysis:
- Andrew Luck, fantasy’s second-highest scoring QB, gets a home matchup against a Chiefs defense that has allowed 297 yards and 3 TDs per game in their last three outings. Getting Donte Moncrief back should also give him a boost.
- Cam Newton will need to have a big week to live up to this relatively lofty ranking, but I’m fully expecting the NFL’s most dynamic QB to come off his bye ready to ball out.
- Aaron Rodgers and his pass-happy offense travel to Atlanta to take on Matt Ryan’s high-flying Falcons in what should be a battle of NFC heavyweights. They’re both rock-solid QB1s.
- Russell Wilson’s fantasy stock has taken a hit in 2016, presumably due to a few lower-body injuries that have limited his rushing ability. Even if he can’t turn on the jets quite yet, he should find plenty of success through the air against New Orleans — it’ll be very disappointing if he doesn’t.
- Andy Dalton is an acceptable QB1 in most league as he’ll get a healthier Tyler Eifert in London this week, where he’ll take on a Josh Norman-less Redskins defense.
- Dak Prescott takes on a tough Eagles defense this week, but after a week of rest and the addition of Dez Bryant to the lineup, this dual-threat rookie is a low-end QB1 in Week 8.
- Marcus Mariota and Blake Bortles square off this Thursday in an AFC South “clash” (if that’s what you want to call it). Mariota is the safer bet without a doubt, but I’m still confident a breakout game comes sooner than later for Bortles. Regardless, it’ll take a leap of faith to plug him in as your QB1 this week.
- Carson Palmer just hasn’t looked the same this season, and now he’s dealing with a banged-up group of pass catchers. He’s not a great option even with multiple byes.
- Brock Osweiler has been unacceptably horrible in his first couple games as a Texan, but he possibly has this week’s tastiest QB matchup against a pitiful Lions pass D. A big game isn’t out of the question with his talented receivers.