This is the first week that fantasy football owners get hit heavy with injury and bye week concerns. After a total of four NFL teams had byes over the past two weeks, a whopping six squads will be resting this week. Alas, our fantasy teams don’t get a bye week any time soon, and we must forge ahead and start the right runners in Week 8 — the halfway point in many fantasy leagues.
Here are my Top 50 RBs for Week 8 vs. FantasyPros' ECR rankings:
Fantasy Football rankings - Week 8View Available Players
|#||Player (team)||Matchup||ECR™||vs. ECR|
|1||David Johnson (ARI)||at CAR||1||0|
|2||Ezekiel Elliott (DAL)||vs. PHI||2||0|
|3||DeMarco Murray (TEN)||vs. JAC||4||+1|
|4||Devonta Freeman (ATL)||vs. GB||7||+3|
|5||Lamar Miller (HOU)||vs. DET||6||+1|
|6||Christine Michael (SEA)||at NO||5||-1|
|7||Spencer Ware (KC)||at IND||3||-4|
|8||LeGarrette Blount (NE)||at BUF||10||+2|
|9||Jacquizz Rodgers (TB)||vs. OAK||8||-1|
|10||Matt Forte (NYJ)||at CLE||9||-1|
|11||Melvin Gordon (SD)||at DEN||11||0|
|12||Frank Gore (IND)||vs. KC||13||+1|
|13||C.J. Anderson (DEN)||vs. SD||12||-1|
|14||Mark Ingram (NO)||vs. SEA||15||+1|
|15||Jeremy Hill (CIN)||vs. WAS||14||-1|
|16||Jonathan Stewart (CAR)||vs. ARI||19||+3|
|17||Latavius Murray (OAK)||at TB||18||+1|
|18||Giovani Bernard (CIN)||vs. WAS||16||-2|
|19||Isaiah Crowell (CLE)||vs. NYJ||20||+1|
|20||James White (NE)||at BUF||17||-3|
|21||Mike Gillislee (BUF)||vs. NE||22||+1|
|22||Jerick McKinnon (MIN)||at CHI||27||+5|
|23||Devontae Booker (DEN)||vs. SD||26||+3|
|24||Matt Jones (WAS)||at CIN||21||-3|
|25||Ryan Mathews (PHI)||at DAL||23||-2|
|26||Chris Ivory (JAC)||at TEN||28||+2|
|27||Jordan Howard (CHI)||vs. MIN||25||-2|
|28||Matt Asiata (MIN)||at CHI||24||-4|
|29||Chris Thompson (WAS)||at CIN||29||0|
|30||Duke Johnson (CLE)||vs. NYJ||30||0|
|31||LeSean McCoy (BUF)||vs. NE||37||+6|
|32||Jamaal Charles (KC)||at IND||36||+4|
|33||T.J. Yeldon (JAC)||at TEN||31||-2|
|34||Dwayne Washington (DET)||at HOU||50||+16|
|35||Knile Davis (GB)||at ATL||32||-3|
|36||Bilal Powell (NYJ)||at CLE||33||-3|
|37||Robert Kelley (WAS)||at CIN||43||+6|
|38||DeAndre Washington (OAK)||at TB||38||0|
|39||Zach Zenner (DET)||at HOU||34||-5|
|40||Darren Sproles (PHI)||at DAL||35||-5|
|41||Ka'Deem Carey (CHI)||vs. MIN||39||-2|
|42||Derrick Henry (TEN)||vs. JAC||40||-2|
|43||Justin Forsett (DET)||at HOU||42||-1|
|44||Peyton Barber (TB)||vs. OAK||46||+2|
|45||Theo Riddick (DET)||at HOU||41||-4|
|46||Jalen Richard (OAK)||at TB||44||-2|
|47||Alfred Morris (DAL)||vs. PHI||47||0|
|48||C.J. Prosise (SEA)||at NO||54||+6|
|49||Alfred Blue (HOU)||vs. DET||51||+2|
|50||Andre Ellington (ARI)||at CAR||67||+17|
Notes & Analysis:
- David Johnson is unstoppable.
- Devonta Freeman has the looks of a true workhorse this week as backfield mate Tevin Coleman nurses a hamstring strain. GB’s run defense is not as good as their stats show.
- Lamar Miller is coming off a difficult matchup against the Broncos where he had to be shuttled in and out after suffering a minor shoulder injury. He’s an upside RB1 against DET if he’s ready for Sunday.
- LeGarrette Blount continues to steamrolls opposing defenders and is always an RB1 candidate when the Patriots are playing with a lead or near the goal line — which are two pretty common scenarios.
- Jacquizz Rodgers has been much more valuable than many would’ve thought since Charles Sims went down and Doug Martin continues to experience soft-tissue setbacks. He’s a borderline RB1 with a delectable matchup.
- Matt Forte’s solid position on the RB leaderboard is mainly the result of three good — two of them massive — fantasy games. He still has a fantastic matchup and is coming off a 34-touch outing.
- C.J. Anderson looked fine running the ball on MNF, but the problem is so did his backup — a term that might already be in the past. Anderson is still a high-end RB2 in a great matchup, but Devontae Booker is sure to see more carries after a string of impressive games. He’s already an intriguing RB3 play himself.
- Jeremy Hill looked awesome last week, but he’s still being out-snapped by Giovani Bernard. Both are mid-range RB2s — Gio has a safer floor, but Hill has the TD upside.
- Keep tabs on LeSean McCoy this week, as I don’t think he’ll suit up for Sunday. If/when that is confirmed, Mike Gillislee becomes a borderline RB2.
- Is Matt Jones slowly fumbling away his 2016 fantasy relevance?
- Jerick McKinnon would make for a volatile RB3 if he can play on MNF after twisting his ankle in Week 7, while Matt Asiata could be a steady, yet low-end RB2 if the speedster sits out.
Good luck this week!