So it is finally here. The time we have all been waiting for since February- week 1 of the NFL season. With fantasy drafts winding down, it is time to put our knowledge to the test.
There may be nothing more important in fantasy football than getting off to a good start. For most leagues, the regular season is just 13 weeks so every loss could prove to be costly in the end. The writers at Fake Teams are here to help you get through some of those difficult lineup decisions that fantasy owners face from week to week, and I am here to cover the wide receivers.
Below are my top 50 receivers along with their week 1 matchup. If you have any questions or want my opinion on a player not mentioned below, feel free to comment.
1. Calvin Johnson (DET) vs. NYG- With improved weapons around him, Calvin will continue to produce like the superstar that he is.
2. Demaryius Thomas (DEN) vs. IND- There should be plenty of scoring to go around in this one and
3. Dez Bryant (DAL) vs. SF- Expect the Cowboys to throw a lot in this one as I don't see their defense slowing down anyone this year.
4. Brandon Marshall (CHI) vs. BUF- Expect Marshall to be once again be a top 5 fantasy WR in 2014
5. Julio Jones (ATL) vs. NO- The 2013 Julio looks to be back after busting off a 52 yard touchdown in the preseason.
6. A.J. Green (CIN) at BAL- Weekly top 10 play regardless of matchup is in for another big year.
7. Alshon Jeffery (CHI) vs. BUF- I like Jeffery to build off his 2013 campaign and find the endzone more than just 7 times this season.
8. Antonio Brown (PIT) vs. CLE- Not a great matchup vs. Joe Haden but Brown has proven he can get open against anybody.
9. Roddy White (ATL) vs. NO- Showed he is back to his old self late in 2013 and will get plenty of chances in this likely shootout.
10. Jordy Nelson (GB) at SEA- Would be several spots higher if he wasn't matched up with league's best secondary.
11. Victor Cruz (NYG) at DET- Cruz and his bounce back season starts week 1 with a juicy matchup against the Lions.
12. Larry Fitzgerald (ARI) vs. SD- Still one of the most reliable receivers in the game gets the 29th ranked passing defense from a season ago.
13. Andre Johnson (HOU) vs. WAS- Quarterback concerns push him down the board a little despite a favorable matchup.
14. Randall Cobb (GB) at SEA- A tough matchup but should be heavily targeted by the former MVP.
15. Vincent Jackson (TB) vs. CAR- Caught 10 balls for 154 yards in two contests against the Panthers a season ago.
16. Michael Floyd (ARI) vs. SD- I'm expecting a big game from my favorite breakout candidate in 2014.
17. Keenan Allen (SD) at ARI- Don't get too cute. Allen is the type of player you start regardless of matchup.
18. Pierre Garcon (WAS) at HOU- Despite RGIII's struggles this preseason he is still a pretty safe WR2 for this week.
19. Torrey Smith (BAL) vs. CIN- Went 5-46-1 and 3-27 in two meetings with Cincinnati a year ago.
20. Percy Harvin (SEA) vs. GB- We all know what he is capable of when healthy after exploding in the Super Bowl last year.
21. Michael Crabtree (SF) at DAL
22. Cordarrelle Patterson (MIN) at STL
23. Marques Colston (NO) at ATL
24. Eric Decker (NYJ) vs. OAK
25. Emmanuel Sanders (DEN) vs. IND
26. DeSean Jackson (WAS) at HOU
27. T.Y. Hilton (IND) at DEN
28. Golden Tate (DET) vs. NYG
29. Julian Edelman (NE) at MIA
30. Jeremy Maclin (PHI) vs. JAC
31. Kendall Wright (TEN) at KC
32. Rueben Randle (NYG) at DET
33. Terrance Williams (DAL) vs. SF
34. Mike Wallace (MIA) vs. NE
35. Reggie Wayne (IND) at DEN
36. Kelvin Benjamin (CAR) at TB
37. Brandin Cooks (NO) at ATL
38. Justin Hunter (TEN) at KC
39. DeAndre Hopkins (HOU) vs. WAS
40. Anquan Boldin (SF) at DAL
41. Cecil Shorts (JAC) at PHI
42. Greg Jennings (MIN) at STL
43. Sammy Watkins (BUF) at CHI
44. Mike Evans (TB) vs. CAR
45. Riley Cooper (PHI) vs. JAC
46. Doug Baldwin (SEA) vs. GB
47. Kenny Britt (STL) vs. MIN
48. Hakeem Nicks (IND) at DEN
49. Markus Wheaton (PIT) vs. CLE
50. Marqise Lee (JAC) at PHI