It is Match Week 31 for some, 30 for others while it seems that Manchester City still has 20 matches to play. Arsenal made me look foolish last week while Liverpool made me look like a genius. Fulham won and achieved a full 3 points, something I forgot was possible in one match. Chelsea choked at Villa, which made me extremely happy. Now, let's see what we have in store for this weekend.
- Joe Hart (Manchester City) - Oh, Joe Hart. As a person who dislike Man City, I always wish bad luck for you. As a person who hates the Three Lions, I hope you choke in epic fashion in the upcoming World Cup. Luckily, you get Fulham this week. Italy is not Fulham. (VERDICT: PLAY)
- Wojciech Szczesny (Arsenal) - Should be fresh after missing the Champions League match last week against the German giants and is coming off a clean sheet again Spurs. Chelsea is going to be PISSED though! (VERDICT: BENCH)
- Winston Reid (West Ham United) - At home against a Man United side that, while they played well during the week, is inconsistent. (VERDICT: PLAY)
- Liam Rosenior (Hull City) - I'm counting on the Tigers to pick on West Brom this weekend. (VERDICT: PLAY)
- Brede Hangeland (Fulham) - His presence doesn't exactly instill confidence in Fulham stopping City's attack. (VERDICT: BENCH)
- Bacary Sagna (Arsenal) - I have gone back and forth on this one but just think Chelsea has too much fire power. My Arsenal friend Tim Crowell, however, thinks otherwise. I received this email earlier today:
- "Chelsea are undefeated in their last 24 home matches in the BPL.
- Chelsea have kept a clean sheet in their last six home matches in all comps.
- Chelsea are undefeated in their last five matches against Arsenal.
- Arsene Wenger has NEVER beaten Jose Mourinho.
- Willian and Ramires are both suspended for this game.
- This is Wenger's 1,000 game in charge of Arsenal.
- Arsenal are 9-4-2 away from the Emirates this season in BPL.
- Arsenal average 1.4 goals conceded per game away from home in BPL; including 6 to ManCity and 5 to Liverpool.
- Arsenal are 6-2-2 in their last ten games in BPL.
- At this point I think I am grasping at straws. Our defense has played well of late. We've conceded 10 goals in 10 BPL games; including 5 at Liverpool. Five goals in nine games sounds much better.
- Rosicky apparently has an ankle injury. Wilshere, Ozil, Ramsey, and Walcott are all out.
- Chelsea could be getting Daivid Luiz back to take over Ramires' position.
- I think Lampard will get one on a PK. Oxlade will need two for Arsenal to win. Or one from Ox and one from Giroud."
THAT'S SOME GOOD EFFORT TIMMY! Still...(VERDICT: BENCH)
- Daniel Agger (Liverpool) - The Reds are on a major run. It will continue. (VERDICT: PLAY)
- Steve Sidwell (Fulham) - He's the best. (VERDICT: PLAY)
- Juan Mata (Manchester United) - Not as good as him though. (VERDICT: PLAY)
- Oscar (Chelsea) - Sorry Tim, I just don't see Arsenal waltzing out of Stamford Bridge with 3 points. (VERDICT: PLAY)
- Fabian Delph (Aston Villa) - Who saw that coming last Saturday? I didn't. A flash in the pan. (VERDICT: BENCH)
- Leighton Baines (Everton) - Every time I write about this guy, he does something good. I will stick with that theory. (VERDICT: PLAY)
- Robin van Persie (Manchester United) - Out for 4-6 weeks. That sucks for him.
- Wayne Rooney (Manchester United) - MUST pick up in van Persie's absence. (VERDICT: PLAY)
- Sergio Aguero (Manchester City) - Sigh. He will have plenty of chances against Fulham. (VERDICT: PLAY)
- Luis Suarez (Liverpool) - Yep. (VERDICT: PLAY)
- Eden Hazard (Chelsea) - I just don't trust him. (VERDICT: BENCH)
As always, feel free to tweet or email me with any questions. Tim has really set the bar high with that last email. Good work my friend! COME ON YOU WHITES!