- Oakland closer Ryan Cook, has been getting beat as of late, he has allowed ER's to score in 5 of the last 7 appearances. Even worse are his numbers since the AS break. A robust 6 ERA and 4 blown saves. Now I am not saying he is Cooked, but owning Balfour or even Doolittle isn't a bad idea if you have the space and are chasing saves.
- Drew Storen is back. Well he was good for the save yesterday. Tyler Clippard has been good, a bit shaky and then good again. It's Storen's job next year but we are playing now and I can see a pick your poison type situation for the remainder of the year. Both guys should have already been owned but just in case go check.
- In the it's too little too late category of news, Andrew Bailey looks primed for a return to the majors. He seems to be almost over his ailments that have derailed his year. It really won't matter for this year but for stashing purposes next year he should be good to go until he gets injured again.
- If you didn't know already Aroldis Chapman is pretty good. The past 30 days of closing he is a perfect 16-16 in save chances. Add in a K/9 rate over 18 for that time and it doesn't get much better than that.
- In Toronto, the very unheralded fill in closer Casey Janssen has been doing remarkable. He has allowed a hard to believe but true 4 ER's since April 28th. As a waiver wire pick-up or late round stash he has gone above and beyond the value that could have been expected.
In a new look I wanna show you what relievers are getting done, not just by general stats alone. The charts below consists of some important reliever stats that fly under the radar, but prove the reliever's importance.
AL/NL Batting Average Against leaders for relievers
And a little something extra for those effective yet unheralded middle relief guys
AL Inherited Runners Scored % Leaders
NL Inherited Runs Scored % Leaders
|2||Jared Hughes||Pit||5.0 %|
Definitely some interesting names in both groupings that are going very unnoticed in fake baseball. Most of the guys that are surprises are mostly unowned even in Holds leagues, though they still hold their value just not in a statistical kind of way. Questions, comments are always nice, so be nice.