Football is back and we are working hard to help get you ready for your fantasy drafts. There will be a big announcement over the next few days regarding our 2012 Fantasy Football coverage, so stay tuned.
Today, I am going to take a look at five players who could see their ADP rise after the first week of preseason games, lead by Colts rookie quarterback Andrew Luck.
1. Andrew Luck, IND - Luck was very impressive in his first preseason game vs the St. Louis Rams. He went 10-16 for 188 yards and two touchdown passes. Almost all post-game reports stated that Luck looked very comfortable and poised behind center for the Colts. I think Luck is a solid QB2 on draft day and could put up Top 12 QB numbers this season. His current ADP is 121.85 according to Mock Draft Central, and I could see that changing by draft day.
2. Julio Jones, ATL - Jones had a big game on Thursday night, catching 6 balls for 109 yards and a touchdown. The Falcons will be throwing the ball more in 2012, and Jones should benefit in his second season in the NFL. He should easily surpass his 2011 stats of 54 catches, 959 yards and 8 touchdowns in 2012. He has big play ability and benefits owners in leagues where you get bonus points for the length of the touchdown. His current ADP is 36.63, and he is the 7th WR off the board, but I think he could be a top 2-3 WR this season.
3. Randall Cobb, GB - Cobb had a very nice preseason game, catching 4 balls for 58 yards and a score. Cobb also has value in the return game for the Packers. With the news that WR Greg Jennings is still having issues with his concussion, Cobb could see plenty more playing time in 2012. His current ADP is 150.67, so he is a sleeper who could surprise this season.
4. Austin Collie, IND - Collie was targeted by Andrew Luck 5 times, the most on the team, catching 3 balls for 45 yards and a touchdown. Collie could be the big play receiver in the Colts offense. Collie is 2 years removed from an 8 touchdown season in Peyton Manning's last healthy season in Indy. His current ADP sits at 150.63, so that number could come down over the next week or so. His current ADP indicates he is a WR4 or WR5, but he could be much more than that this season.
5. Cedric Benson, GB - Benson signed with the Packers over the weekend and will be the #1 running back in the prolific Packer offense. He has averaged 1,100 yards rushing and 6 touchdowns over the last 3 seasons playing in the Cincinnati offense, and we could see his TD total jump to double digits if he can hold down the starting job all season. His current ADP of 202.32 is certain to jump this week.