- Brett Myers was dealt to the White Sox this week. He will set-up for Addison Reed in Chi-town. Meanwhile in a separate deal the Astros acquired Coco Cordero from the Blue Jays and immediately placing him the closers role. Not much value gained/lost, Cordero is a bottom rung option but still an option, Myers adds depth to a great bullpen and will see situational time with Jesse Crain amongst others.
- Frank Francisco is headed for a rehab assignment on Tuesday, barring any setbacks he should be back in the Mets bullpen by the weekend. No time is soon enough as it seems as though they are all pitching on fumes for the Metropolitans.
- According to Ken rosenthal of Fox sports, the Giants are interested in Chris Perez, it's a semi decent read but me thinks it's more the bow-tie talking about speculation than actually what's happening.
- Jose Valverde must not like working on weekends. It seems he always gets injured around a weekend series and will then be available on the Tuesday game following. Weird but true.
- Huston Street looks like he will be following in Carlos Quentin's footsteps and re-upping with the Padres instead of being traded to a contender. He would have a been an interesting piece for several competing teams.
- Tyler Clippards grasp on the closer's role in the nation's capitol is shaky but still intact. The return of Drew Storen has made it alot easier for fantasy knee jerkers to cry for Storen to be put back in his originating role. Besides a few hiccups recently Clippard has been awesome in the role for the Nationals and will continue until complete implosion or injury.
Rankings and holds tiers after the jump.