- The A's bullpen is in whomever/whenever mode now that they realized what we all knew. Brian Fuentes isn't a big league closer. Pick a name that is in the bullpen right now and he may have an outside shot at the once in a blue moon save that the A's actually garner. Ryan Cook, Sean Doolittle and Grant Balfour are all candidates at this point. Personally it should be Balfour followed by Cook, but what do I know.
- Sergio Santos return is being delayed even further. Casey Janssen has done a pretty decent job for a set-up guy turned closer and should continue to be rostered.
- Aroldis Chapman is proving to be human after giving up earned runs in consecutive innings. The wear and tear may be catching up with him and I can see a sporadic save situation here and there for the out-casted Sean Marshall.
- The closer situation in Seattle may pull a Henry the XIII. Brandon League will and should be inserted back into the role to increase his value before the deadline. The future is already in the bullpen in Tom Wilhelmsen and Stephen Pryor so they know what they have waiting for them. League could return a decent b level prospect when the time comes.
- Tyler Clippard has been nothing short of what we expected from him as a set-up guy this year. He is definitely moving up my rankings even though its still up in the air if he keeps the role when Drew Storen returns. He has 8 saves in as many chances over his last 10 games.
Rankings and Holds after the jump...