BaseballHQ.com - Playing Time Today
I am a strong believer in Pineda's stuff. He should be a future Cy Young candidate if he can develop his Change-up.
Baseball HQ breaks down his skills and fantasy value heading into 2012.
Pineda has Cy Young Award potential upside, but at only 23 years old will most likely have a 180-200 IP limit for 2012. Pineda posted a 5.35 second half ERA compared to 3.16 xERA. The difference was a spike in hr/f from 6% to 14% and a strand rate of 58%. His Dom and Cmd actually slightly improved from 1H to 2H. If Pineda’s hr/f regresses to 10% and Dom/Cmd rates match 2011 levels, he will provide excellent fantasy value as a second or third starter. With a bit more seasoning, he’s an ace in the making.
BaseballHQ.com - Minor League News and Scouting
Baseball HQ just published their top 100 prospects, kicking off with Harper at #1.
1. Bryce Harper, OF, WAS 2. Matt Moore, LHP, TAM 3. Mike Trout, OF, LAA 4. Julio Teheran, RHP, ATL 5. Jesus Montero, C, SEA 6. Jurickson Profar, SS, TEX 7. Manny Machado, SS, BAL 8. Gerrit Cole, RHP, PIT 9. Devin Mesoraco, C, CIN 10. Wil Myers, OF, KC
The RotoWire 200: January Edition - RotoWire.com
1. Matt Kemp, OF - Kemp is durable, provides power, speed and probably a plus batting average.
2. Albert Pujols, 1B - He's in a new location, but the difference in parks should be negligible.
3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B - Cabrera is as reliable as it gets these days. The safest pick on the board.
4. Jose Bautista, 3B/OF - You can make a case for Bautista to be first overall because he's 3B-eligible.
5. Jacoby Ellsbury, OF - Ellsbury hit 32 homers last year; how many do you project for him this year?
6. Carlos Gonzalez, OF - CarGo went 27-92-92 despite a wrist injury last year.
7. Joey Votto, 1B - If Votto ever increased his flyball rate, he could hit 40 homers someday.
8. Justin Upton, OF - Upton is just starting to hit his prime; his ceiling is scary-high. 9.
Troy Tulowitzki, SS - Tulowitzki's rank suffers because of durability concerns.
10. Evan Longoria, 3B - To justify this ranking, Longoria needs to start running again.
Baseball HQ - Combatting Auction Fever
Combatting Auction Fever Most managers in auction-format leagues can name a time in which they had either spent too much on a player during an auction, or conversely, didn't spend enough on that player who was coveted pre-auction. In today's column, we explore the concept of "auction fever," or the tendency to over-bid in auctions, and how it may affect the auction-format fantasy baseball manager.
Adam Dunn, Jason Heyward, Carl Crawford and other bounceback players for 2012 - MLB - ESPN
ESPN examines some bounce back candidates for 2012...
Carlos Pena Returns to the Trop | FanGraphs Fantasy Baseball
Fangraphs analyzes ballpark factors for Carlos Pena moving to the Trop...
Good source of late power? If he could only hit .240!!!
Fantasy Baseball Blog at Razzball.com | Mark Teixeira – 2012 Fantasy Outlook
Will Texiera's AVG return or is he a .265 hitter now?
That said, I see Teixeira as a .265 hitter, with downside. He’ll add 35+ HRs, 90+ runs and 100+ RBIs, but that average will hurt the value of those. He is certainly valuable and a top 40 player or so. If you draft him in the top rounds, expecting a top flight player, you’ll be disappointed. Grey also shares my sentiments in his top 20 for 2012 fantasy baseball.
ClubHouseGM: Top Tier Third Base Comparisons
2012 is not a year to get stuck without 3B options.
Third Base (3B) is filled with questions marks (?), that is, after Jose Bautista (Joey Bats). Below is a link that will take you to a wonderful land where I highlight the upper echelon 3B. I wanted to highlight these guys because this seems to be where the most confusion is raised. 2011 was a quirky year for 3B. It saw just about every top tier player crumble under injuries, pressure, the fear of 2012…whatever! But it also saw unsuspecting players have career years! You can have a look at our 3B Rankings to see where ClubHouseGM puts them, but lets not get to in-depth into those rankings, lets focus on the top strata of 3B.