We're getting down to it, as many teams are heading north today. Some last minute roster notes for those of you drafting this weekend:
- The Phillies placed relievers Brad Lidge and J.C. Romero on the disabled list this morning, but the surprise news was that starter Joe Blanton was also placed on the disabled list with an oblique strain. Adjust your rankings accordingly, as he will be out for about 6 weeks it sounds like.
- The Orioles acquired IF Julio Lugo from the Cardinals, and appears to be a hedge on the currently injured Brian Roberts. I would downgrade Roberts slightly, if you haven't already, and Lugo could be ownable in deeper leagues, like AL leagues. I would definitely rather have him than Cesar Izturis if it looks like Roberts could miss significant time.
- The Indians have named David Huff as their fifth starter, and optioned prospect Carlos Carrasco to the minor leagues. Not a lot there, but it could be a while before Carrasco is pitching at the major league level, which is of note.
- Not really a huge surprise here, but Jose Reyes will start the season on the disabled list. This really shouldn't change anything about how you had him ranked, unfortunately.
- Finally, SI profiled top Mets prospect Sidd Finch on this date 25 years ago, and it's an excellent read.