I can only imagine the NY Post headline tomorrow morning (something about Getting Wang Chunged or needing to cut off their Wang, no doubt). Rest assured it won't be pretty after the Yanks were destroyed 22-4 by the Tribe.
Here are some tasty statistical nuggets from the game and the series thus far -
- The Indians scored 14 runs in the 2nd inning (BTW, ESPN must have decided it took too much work to provide the play by play for the Top of the 2nd because they didn't include it)
- Chien-Ming Wang gave up 8 runs in 1.1 innings. On the good side, he didn't walk anyone:) His ERA after 3 starts is 34.50. His WHIP is 4.83. In 6 innings pitched (3 start mind you) he's given up 23 hits, 23 runs, 1 wild pitch and 6 walks
- Yankees pitchers combined for 236 pitches. The Tribe's pitchers . . . 142.
- Poor Anthony Claggett made his major league debut following Wang in the 2nd inning. Here's how his career started: Double, Double, Walk, Single, K, HR, HR, K.
- 17 HR in the first 3 games of New Yankee Stadium. Yikes.
- Cleveland's WORST fantasy performance by a starting player was Ryan Garko who only went 2-6 with an RBI and run scored. Yup, that was the worst.
- Asdrubal Cabrera had 2 RBI in his first 10 games this year and 5 today
- The Indians had 31 base runners today.
- From the 2nd inning to the 5th inning the Indians scored 20 unanswered runs.
Tomorrow's matchup: Carl Pavano vs. AJ Burnett. Act accordingly.
Be sure to check out Fake Teams sister station Pinstripe Alley's comment section time line from today's game is something to behold.