Baseball Happenings' dynamic feature that draws on the collective knowledge of the blogging community to provide intelligence on which players are currently considered the leading contenders for the big three baseball awards - MVP, Cy Young and ROY - for the American and National leagues enters its 4th week. The second round of NL voting will be available here in separate posts. THe NL MVP tally is up.
Here is the way I voted. My biases for voting in the Cy Young and MVP awards lean towards those hitters and pitchers playing on contending teams. ROY determination is not tied are strongly to his team's record, but good rookies on expected play-off contenders will get additional consideration.
NL Cy Young:
- Brandon Webb, Arizona Diamondbacks
- Tim Lincecum San Francisco Giants
- Edinson Volquez Cincinnati Reds
- Chase Utley Philadelphia Phillies
- Derrek Lee Chicago Cubs
- Albert Pujols St. Louis Cardinals
- Kosuke Fukudome Chicago Cubs
- Geovanny Soto Chicago Cubs
- Jair Jurrjens Atlanta Braves
As a reminder, make your entry in The Worst Fantasy Baseball Season So Far by Wednesday for the chance to win an annual Baseball Prospectus subscription.