A few thoughts from the first day of the NFL Draft. More - a lot more - fantasy analysis starts Monday. If I haven't drunk myself into a coma by then.
- WTF Steelers?! Seriously, WTF? Why do you hate me so?
- No wide receivers taken in the first round, the first time that's happened since 1990. Hmm. Maybe NFL GMs are learning what fantasy owners have known for years.
- Every single RB drafted yesterday went to a team with an established starting RB. Where'd that damn bottle opener get to?
- There will be several running backs released between now and the end of the season. Some of those RBs will have greater fantasy value than the guys drafted yesterday.
- It appears both the Falcons and the Ravens panicked on drafting quarterbacks when they were the only two teams seriously considering quarterbacks. Both their management teams seemed to have been faked out.
- Where are all the linebackers? Only four taken in the first two rounds.
- Two of the teams I felt absolutely needed to draft a running back early - Houston and Detroit - still don't have one.
- Jason Campbell is apparently going to throw the ball 50 times a game this season. Not that that would necessarily be a bad thing.