The 2008 NFL Draft begins tomorrow, and, after weeks of looking at mock drafts and players ratings, don't you want to try to do your own mock draft? If so, then Mock Draft Central has a contest for you.
After setting-up a free MDC account, you can enter for the chance to win $250 plus some excellent MDC products. One of the good things about the contest is you can return and change your team as draft developments occur.
Boise State OT Ryan Clady seemed to be a lock to go to the Kansas City Chiefs with the 5th overall pick - until the team traded All-Pro DE Jared Allen to the Minnesota Vikings. All of a sudden, the Cheifs look like they will grab Ohio State DE Vernon Gholsten at #5 assuming Virginia DE Chris Long doesn't fall to them. With Clady on the board, how far does he fall then? Do the Broncos take him at #12? Does another team trade up from the mid-1st round to grab him?
When the Dallas Cowboys acquired Pacman Jones from the Tennessee Titans, did that change the likeihood of the team using the 22nd pick on a CB if one of the smaller school ones are available?
Was the Jets' trade of former Top 5 pick, DT Dwayne Robertson, a signal the team will take a DT like Sedrick Ellis at #6 if both Gholsten and RB Darren McFadden are taken right ahead of him?
How about a trade of future Hall-of-Famer DE Jason Taylor for a late 1st round pick? Will the Dolphins grab LB Quentin Groves or one of the second-tier of QBs like Joe Flacco of Delaware?
Having the flexiility to adjust your mock draft enrtry prior to tomororw's start is key.
Here is my current entry.
- Miami Dolphins OT Jake Long Michigan
- St. Louis Rams DT Glen Dorsey LSU
- Atlanta Falcons DE Chris Long UVA
- Oakland Raiders Rb Darren McFadden Arkansas
- Kansas City Chiefs DE Vernon Gholsten OSU
- N.Y. Jets DT Sedrick Ellis USC
- New England Patriots LB Keith Rivers USC
- Baltimore Ravens QB Matt Ryan Boston College
- Cincinnati Bengals CB Mike Jenkins South Florida
- New Orleans Saints Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie Tennessee State
- Buffalo Bills WR Devin Thomas Michigan State
- Denver Broncos OT Ryan Clady Boise State
- Carolina Panthers OT Chris Williams Vanderbilt
- Chicago Bears RB Rashard Mendenhall Illinois
- Detroit Lions OT Jeff Otah Pittsburgh
- Arizona Cardinals Rb Felix Jones Arkansas
- Kansas City Chiefs (from Minnesota) OG Branden Albert UVA
- Houston Texans RB Jonathan Stewart Oregon
- Philadelphia Eagles DE Derrick Harvey Florida
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers LB Quentin Groves Auburn
- Washington Redskins DE Phillip Merling Clemson
- Dallas Cowboys (from Cleveland) S Kenny Phillips Miami
- Pittsburgh Steelers OT Gosder Cherilus Boston College
- Tennessee Titans CB Aqin Talib Kansas
- Seattle Seahawks WR James Hardy Indiana
- Jacksonville Jaguars LB Dan Connor Penn State
- San Diego Chargers CB Leodis McKelvin Troy
- Dallas Cowboys DE Tommy Blake Texas Christian
- San Francisco 49ers QB Brian Brohm Louisville
- Green Bay Packers LB Jerod Mayo Tennesee
- N.Y. Giants CB Antoine Cason Arizona