With fantasy drafts fast approaching, any list of potential breakout candidates are worth reading. Keith Law of ESPN has provided one for public consumption. For fantasy purposes, most of these names are available after the 10th round and could be the key to a successful 2008 fantasy baseball season.
I added each player's relative draft position versus his peers and his overall ADP using Mock Draft Central's recent ADP rankings.
- Adam Wainwright, SP, St Louis Cardinals 46/173
- Richie Weeks, 2B, Milwaukee Brewers 7/106
- Jeremy Hermida, OF, Florida Marlins 42/160
- Jason Kubel, OF, Minnesota Twins, 73/299
- Howie Kendrick, 2B, Los Angeles Angels, 8/119
- Edwin Encarnacion, 3B, Cincinnati Reds, 14/182
- Chad Billingsley, SP, Los Angeles Dodgers, 35/147
- Stephen Drew, SS, Arizona Cardinals, 15/207
- Lastings Milledge, Washington Nationals, 63/278
- Fred Lewis, OF, San Francisco Giants, NR/NR