Tracy Ringolsby of the Rocky Mountain News has a slew of tidbits to get the post-Mark Teixeira rumor mongering period started. Some are not so new and others have more interest. To me, the absence of LF Pat Burrell is curious. With at least 98 walks in each of the past four seasons, he seems to be a viable alternative for a team looking for a left fielder, and, ideally, a DH.
Here are Ringolsby's wares:
- The New York Yankees are looking to move one of Xavier Nady, Hideki Matsui or Nick Swisher.
- Adam Dunn is a favorite of the Washington Nationals.
- Closer Brian Fuentes is target numero uno for the Los Angeles Angels.
- OF Manny Ramirez has no other suitor besides the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- The New York Mets are the favorites to sign Derek Lowe.
- Because several teams are interested in SP Tim Redding, Jason Marquis is looking more attractive for the Colorado Rockies.
Geez, how much is Redding going to get if Marquis' $9.875 million now looks pretty?