The overriding question this week is whether or not the injury fill-ins and 2007 breakout players of 2007 produce at the most critical junstion of the fantasy football season - the play-offs! There will inevitably be luky and unlucky breaks that end seasons. Who it will be is yet to be told.
One of the biggest things I am watching for the fantasy play-offs is the performances of Giants' QB Eli Manning versus that of Falcons' QB Chris Redman. In one league's play-offs, the rosters had to be set prior to Thursday's game. The pool of QBs to select from was limited, and I stuck with Eli despite desparately wanting to sit him. However, I would have grabbed Chris Redman to start if I had another day to set my line-up. Here's to hoping that does not come back to haunt me.
My apologies for any typos. I'm hitting 12 o'clock mass. It can't hurt can it?
Carolina at Jacksonville:
- Can the Jaguars continue their six-game streak of scoring more than 24 points in a game?
- Is Dave Garrard next year's sleeper QB?
- Will Brandon Jacobs play the whole game?
- Will Eli Manning have a good game?
- St Louis Rams starting QB - Brock Berlin!
- Are the Bengals good enough on defense to stop a Brock Berlin-led offense?
- Will Luke McCown repeat his Week 13 effort?
- Can Sage Rosenfels be the QB Andre Johnson owners need him to be?
- Will rookie RB Lorenzo Booker be a poor man's Reggie Bush - 30-50 yards rushing and 5+ receptions?
- Which rookie QB wins this face-off, Trent Edwards or John Beck?
- Will Marshawn Lynch remain healthy for the entire game or will RB Fred Jackson get enough work to hurt Lynch's value?
- With fantasy experts sold on him, can Justin Fargas during the most important time of the season?
- How about Ryan Grant?
- Do the Cowboys' live up the the bettors' expectations of a high-scoring game?
- Who replaces Lions' #1 WR Roy Williams?
- Are the Chargers for real like the pick'em spread on the road implies?
- Will LenDale White be effective?
- The Vikings are 8.5 favorites on the road in one of the lowest O/U numbers. Does this mean Adrian Peterson grinds out a huge game in the first week of the play-offs?
- Anything from RB Frank Gore?
- Will WRs Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald finally be missed?
- Who would hae thought this game would have serious play-off implications for the Cardinals?
- Important December games for Cleveland. Keep it up! At least through the fantasy play-offs.
- Can Thomas Jones produce again?
- Outside of New England, is anyone cheering against the Patriots?
- Can Willie Parker run against the Patriots the same way Willis McGahee did?
- Can the Kolby Smith Train continue down the tracks?
- Will RB Travis Henry be just healthy enough to vulture carries and TDs from Selvin Young?
- WR Marvin Harrison is out. Will the back-ups produce for their fantasy owners?
- How does the team react to giving away a W against the Patriots last week?
- Will the Saints run the ball at all or will they borrow pages from the Detroi Lions 2007 playbook?
- Will RB Jerious Norwood finally get increased touches and produce with them?