So the Indians have seen the true power of the Pacific Rim by signing reliever Masahide Kobayashi .
This is really starting to become an annual rite for major league teams who are tired of overpaying for middling relivers who go from one year wonders to can't get a guy out. Here's a few examples of how teams have wasted resources over the last few years:
- Cubs - Bob Howry - 3yrs/12MM
- Yankees - Kyle Farnsworth - 3yrs/17MM
- Phillies - J.C. Romero - 3yrs/12MM - This is absurd!
- Akinori Otsuka: Posting fee - $300,000, First contract - 3yr/2.1MM
- Takashi Saito - 1 yr/1MM
- Hideki Okajima - 2 yrs/2.5MM with 3rd yr option