I was wandering through the internets this evening when I happened across this article from McSweeney's, asking about a true fantasy baseball team. I had no choice but to pass it along...
Kudos to Rick Paulas for undertaking such a daunting task, one far too complicated for the minds of most men. I've included his selections for the lineup, pitching staff and manager below, as well as a selection of his reasons behind each choice, though if you like what you see I seriously recommend checking out the original article in its entirety.
1. Mega Man, CF
- Link from Zelda, SS
- Bald Bull from Mike Tyson's Punch Out, DH
- Donkey Kong Jr., RF
- Thomas from Kung Fu, 3B
- Dog from Duck Hunt, 1B
- Kirby from Kirby's Big Adventure, C
- Toad from Super Mario Brothers, LF
- Mario from Super Mario Brothers, 2B
- Samus Aran from Metroid
- Simon Belmont from Castlevania
- King Bowser from Super Mario Brothers
- Luigi from Super Mario Brothers
- Great Tiger from Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Glass Joe from Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Pit from Kid Icarus
Agree? Disagree? If you're not so sure about this lineup, then tell us in the comments who should make up the bench.
Now, I wonder if using the Konami Code before each game will give each team a few extra strikes to work with...