We are only 50 days away from kickoff of the 2014 World Cup! Will Brazil be ready? No one knows. I am sure the "lady entertainment" will be more than ready.
I'm excited and I know you are as well so I figured I would start off our World Cup coverage with a little news going into our full coverage starting next week. Here are some things we will be offering:
- We WILL have a fantasy league for the World Cup that will be overseen by, most likely, myself. I am still looking at different sites that hosts this and will pick one before the end of the week. Any suggestions? Tweet me (@brianjstultz) or leave it in the comments. My editor (and I) love comments!
- In the coming weeks, I am going to have a look at each group and break those teams down. I will also be making fun of each country by taking facts from their Wikipedia page and knocking them for it. Get used to it. It's all in good fun. I don't really hate your country. Well, besides France. Screw you.
- I am going to be joined across the pond by Will Jordan (@KingWillyJ) where he will give us a rundown of how the country feels about the Three Lions ranging from "Hopeful" to "Bollix". I look forward to our discussions and bringing up Robert Green as much as possible.
- With the limited time difference between the host nation and myself, I plan on catching a lot of the action. If you don't follow me on Twitter, please do. It will help me reach you, the readers, and give us a chance to discuss the matches as they happen.
- I am going to ask my fellow writers at Fake Teams to do a short preview as well at their convenience. We will post all of those the week before the start of the World Cup.
- Oh, screw the Dutch as well. Bunch of choking chokers.
- THE WINNER of the World Cup fantasy league will be given a prize. Don't get too excited. It won't be monetary. Most likely writing my column for me. Shouldn't that be enough?
- Other ideas might pop up between all of us so, if you have an idea for a column or preview, let us know!
So, let's have fun with this. I, for one, am not making the trip to Brazil so I will be watching all of the action at a local sports bar here in Auburn, Ala. I might make a weekend trip to Atlanta every now and then to watch at a proper soccer bar so, if any of my readers are in the Atlanta area, we can plan a meet up.
GO U-S-A! (Los gehts Deutschland!)