A small sampling of matches this week (exactly half) so I am going to make this quick. Chelsea has a chance to grow their lead in points at the top of the table, but Manchester City still have three games in hand. It is going to come right down to the wire, which is how it should be.
Let's take a look at the abbreviated Week 29 and who to play and who to bench. Good luck filling your roster!
- Marteen Stekelenburg (Fulham) - Despite conceding three goals to Chelsea, Stekelenburg has been playing quite well lately and keeping the Cottagers at least in matches. I expect another good outing against a Cardiff side that struggles to score. (VERDICT: PLAY)
- David Marshall (Cardiff City) - Then again, Fulham isn't exactly putting the ball into the back of the net at a rapid pace either. You can have your choice with either keeper in this match. (VERDICT: PLAY)
- Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur) - Will be busy but he's one Spurs defender that can stand up to the Chelsea attack. (VERDICT: PLAY)
- Russell Martin (Norwich City) - Filling a roster with only 10 sides to choose from sometimes feels like filling out the Pro Bowl in the NFL after all the stars have withdrawn. Luckily, Martin is facing Stoke. (VERDICT: PLAY)
- John Arne Riise (Fulham) -This guy drives me nuts. He's the Berbatov of the Fulham defense. That's not a compliment. (VERDICT: BENCH)
- Morgan Schneiderlin (Southampton) - The main man in Southampton's midfield. He continues to be in good form. (VERDICT: PLAY)
- Steve Sidwell (Fulham) - Quite possibly the early front-runner for the 2014 Ballon d'Or, Sidwell is the missing piece for struggling Bayern Munich. Put Sidwell in Schweinsteiger or Alaba's place? THEN Munich would have a chance! (VERDICT: PLAY...and I don't need the sarcasm sign, right? Good!)
- Oscar (Chelsea) - The Oscars were a success this past Sunday. How can you go against the name right now? (VERDICT: PLAY)
- Eden Hazard (Chelsea) - Let's make this quick. (VERDICT: PLAY)
- Darren Bent (Fulham) - Guuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! (VERDICT: BENCH)
- Fraizer Campbell (Cardiff City) -Stultz Guarantee of the Week! (VERDICT: PLAY)
- Robin van Persie (Manchester United) - Overmatched opponent? No pressure since title not on line anymore? Sounds JUST like when van Persie comes through! He's the David Wright of soccer. (VERDICT: PLAY)
- Emmanuel Adebayor (Tottenham Hotspur) - Playing well, just not this week. (VERDICT: BENCH)
I will be traveling to south Florida on Friday but will, as always, be up to watch the matches early on Saturday. Well, that is until I get too antsy and have to go for a swim in the nice, warm sunshine. Keep me company as I try to explain to my parents why a certain player was called for offside and what extra time is by Tweeting me (@brianjstultz) or emailing me (email@example.com) with questions, comments or, you know, if you just want to chat. Have a great weekend!