If I were a hack of a journalist, I would enlighten you on how this week is quite similar for both myself and teams in the EPL: they are both test weeks. However, I will leave this sort of writing to the corpse of the once great Rick Reilly. (Redskins? More like THIN-SKINS!) Anyway, let's take a look at the midfielders and forwards to bench or play this week!
- Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal) - No player has improved as much from last season to this one than Ramsey. He has upped his game to a level that many thought impossible for him, scoring on Wednesday in Arsenal's Champions League match against Marseille. (VERDICT: PLAY)
- Steve Sidwell (Fulham) - I knew it was going to be a strange weekend when Sidwell, wait for it, SCORED A GOAL. No, it really happened. I could not believe my eyes. Unfortunately, this will lead to Sidwell believing that he is the next coming of Pele. I will grow a Magnum P.I. style mustache if he scores another goal this season. (VERDICT: BENCH, ALWAYS BENCH)
- Jonjo Shelvey (Swansea City) - JON-JO! JON-JO! JON-JO! I always feel like I am chanting like Tarzan when I shout Shelvey's name. (As you can see, I like to chant a lot.) The young bald kid has been playing well as of late. I expect a good match out of him at Crystal Palace. (VERDICT: PLAY)
- Jack Wilshere (Arsenal) - If you are looking to start two Gunners, I would go with Wilshere. He's the heart behind Arsenal and will not let this side slack off. (VERDICT: PLAY)
- Adam Johnson (Sunderland) - The plainest name in the Premier League has had trouble breaking into the score column despite nine shots in four matches and has had no assists. Not exactly what you are looking for from a midfielder. (VERDICT: BENCH)
- Michael Carrick (Manchester United) - Right now, if forced at gun point, I would play SIDWELL ahead of Carrick. That sums up his play so far this year. (VERDICT: WHAT DO YOU THINK? BENCH!)
- David Silva (Manchester City) - On the other hand, Silva is as consistent as they come in the midfield for City. Great competition brings out the best in him. (VERDICT: PLAY)
- Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool) - Just play. Do it. No questions. (VERDICT: PLAY)
- Wayne Rooney (Manchester United) - Is he coming back around to being one of the best strikers in the EPL? Time will tell. I wouldn't bet against him this week though. (VERDICT: PLAY)
- Jozy Altidore (Sunderland) - A bode of confidence from manager Paolo Di Canio should have Altidore looking to shine. (VERDICT: PLAY)
- Clint Dempsey (
Fulham, Tottenham Hotspur) - Oh right. It is SUCH a shame that a selfish move by Clint led to him playing in the MLS: a high school production compared to EPL's Broadway. Let there be a lesson here kids.
- Craig Bellamy (Cardiff City) - Besides John Terry, is there a more unlikable player in the league than Bellamy? I cringe any time I see him on screen. No goals and no assists in three appearances should make Bluebirds' fans cringe as well. (VERDICT: BENCH)
- Christian Benteke (Aston Villa) - EN FUEGO! (VERDICT: PLAY)
As always, feel free to Tweet or email me with questions. Have a great weekend!