Hello and welcome to all you footy fans. After pestering my friend Ray with phone calls, emails, texts and one night of standing outside his house with a jukebox playing "The Best Calls by Ian Darke", he has finally broken down and given the greatest league in the world the respect it deserves. (Some of the previous sentence might not be true.)
Before we get to actual fantasy advice, let me briefly introduce myself, give you some idea of what to expect from this column and some other thoughts:
- I am a diehard Fulham supporter. This will come up many of times. COME ON YOU WHITES! Martin Jol is a beauty.
- Spurs will always be the bridesmaid and never the bride. Thanks for Scottie Parker by the way.
- Steve Sidwell and his play makes me think I have a shot at playing in the Premier League.
- I thoroughly enjoy waking up at dawn during the weekend and cracking open a beer while watching all the matches. Feel free to contact me via Twitter during matches. (@brianjstultz)
- Piers Morgan melting down on Twitter about Arsenal will never NOT be funny.
- The Gus Johnson experiment MUST come to an end.
- I am ecstatic that Crystal Palace is in the Premier League this season. It is such a fun name.
- I will be posting between two to four articles per week. All advice will be for the upcoming week that starts with Saturday's matches.
- I have a special place in my heart for Accrington Stanley of League Two.
- If you have any questions, comments or simply want to call me an idiot, you can reach me via the Twitter handle listed above or email (email@example.com). I am always up for good banter.
It is going to be as simple as that. I am sure once we get to know each other, we will both know what to expect. If you feel I left something out by mistake or just overlooked a player, let me know. This will help everyone.
Finally, I hope that my advice will take you to the top of the league. If so, I am always up for getting a percentage of your winnings.
Let's have some fun!