As we continue to roll on through our league specific rankings we come to the shallowest position in my opinion in fantasy baseball. The top options are there but there are just too many roll of the dice type players.
- Robinson Cano - Don't ya know! In a tier all too himself. Is a top 6 pick overall, in a contract year expect more of the same if not a little more.
Dustin Pedroia - I have the "Laser Show", above Kinsler just because of the better average, too me they are 2A and 2B. Look for build on last year's numbers just due to him not being dinged up as much.
- Ian Kinsler - Jurickson is knocking at the door, when he is hot you can ride him for weeks, getting a little older and injuries a creeping up. Still a decent speed/power guy in the first 3 rounds in AL formats.
- Ben Zobrist - M. Versatility is a position eligible maven, and with the recent signing of Kelly Johnson it won't affect his everyday at bats. Would be my prime target for 2B regardless of AL or mixed.
- Jason Kipnis - A tale of 2 half's, Pre all-star was awesome, post was ugh. He will fall somewheres in the middle of both. Double digits homers and above 20 steals.
- Jose Altuve - Love the moxie, lineup won't help at all his year. Could be a fantasy monster with accumulating stats in everything you want except height.
- Kyle Seager - Not eligible in every league at 2B, bit I will rank him if he were. Great option if he is so go check, I will wait.
- Howie Kendrick - Is this the year Howie jumps up and achieves what everyone thought he would actually do? I see this as a make or break year for him, produce or get traded to baseball Siberia.
- Dustin Ackley - Not a fan of his at all, never saw what the hype was all about with him in the minors. Is in similar boat as Howie, produce or start packing.
- Gordon Beckham - I wanna root for him because there aren't many Gordon's that I like besides the GIn. Could be a decent what the hell pick if you miss on the top 7
- Kelly Johnson - Signs with TB after a step down year. Power is there but doesn't offer much speed and the BA drain is not fun.
- Jeff Keppinger - We never have seen him get regular at-bats. Curiosity is intrigued. My sleeper for AL only formats.
- Omar Infante - Was a sneaky Double digit HR/Steals guy last year, stats are boring as they average out to 3 a month of each basically.
- Emilio Bonifacio - Another not eligible in all leagues, love the steals nd I think he becomes more of a super utility getting games everywhere. Even in limited at bats I say he still leads the team in steals.
- Brian Roberts - Injuries have completely derailed the B-Rob train fantasy wise. Is an all energy type guy when healthy and if you draft him have a contingency plan.
- Jemile Weeks - Hype was there to be a draft darling last year, well he basically crapped the bed. Decent speed option and that's about it. Needs to play hot early or he is going back to triple-A.
- Maicer Izturis - Should get decent burn as the regular second sacker in a potent line-up. Is basically Omar.
- Chris Getz / Johnny Giavotella - Its like the alphabet all at one position. If you're relying on the KC second base position for fantasy value, continue reading and read Jamey Carroll.
- Jamey Carroll - If all else fails pull the cord and draft a minor leaguer instead of this guy.