With the final month of the season rapidly approaching (and me out of time to work up my prospect post for today), I instead thought: Let's have an All Questions Answered thread aimed specifically at Fantasy Baseball Keeper Decisions. Hopefully the majority of you are still thinking about how your team is looking for this year, but for those of you that aren't, let's here some of your tougher decisions. With trade deadlines either in the past or very rapidly approaching, there are many of you who could still be looking to make moves for either this year or next. Here's the key to this:
- Please give your scoring (5x5, etc), as differences from standard leagues could have a drastic impact.
- Please note what the limitations are. For example, how many keepers, whether there is a salary cap, whether there are salaries at all, etc.
- Please mention which ones you have already decided on, if you already have. For example, in my posting below, I am keeping Mike Trout as a 25th round keeper. It doesn't matter who else you think I should keep, no one is being kept in place of Trout.
- If I don't feel like I have enough information, I'll ask in the comments for more specifics.
With those caveats in mind, let's hear your biggest keeper conundrums. (Of course, if you have other fantasy baseball questions feel free to ask those as well, as I'll be more than happy to answer them as well.) You can find one of my own keeper decisions in one of my main leagues after the jump:
- League is a 7x7 10 team head-to-head league with TB and OBP (hitters), K/9 and Holds (pitchers) as the extra categories.
- We can keep up to 5 players each year, and their value moves up one round from where they were drafted. If they were picked up as free agents, they slot in as a last round pick. Traded players do not change. Multiple players with the same round values just slot in up one for each player (25, 24, etc). Each of the values below are where they would be kept, so they do not need to be changed at all.
- As a result of this, players who were drafted in the 1st round this year cannot be kept. This means that players like Ryan Braun, Matt Kemp, Albert Pujols, and Joey Votto are among the players who will be available in the 1st round next year.
Keepers I am sure about already: Mike Trout (25th round), Jason Kipnis (25th round)
Here's the debate: I can keep 3 more players out of these players (values in parenthesis):
- Adam Dunn (16th)
- Manny Machado (25th)
- Carlos Gonzalez (1st)
- Jurickson Profar (25th)
- Dan Straily (25th)
- Kenley Jansen (15th)
- Jordan Zimmermann (11th)
- Matt Moore (7th)
- Zack Greinke (4th)
Are there any no-brainers here at this point? Do I keep Carlos Gonzalez, knowing that I lose my 1st round pick as a result for next season's draft? Are there any that clearly should be eliminated from contention on this list right now?
Let's hear your thoughts, as well as your own keeper questions in the comments!