HOUSTON TX - JULY 25: Aroldis Chapman #54 of the Cincinnati Reds closes out the Houston Astros in the ninth inning at Minute Maid Park on July 25, 2012 in Houston, Texas. Cincinnati Reds win 5-3. (Photo by Bob Levey/Getty Images)
- Well the Astros are just a dismal resource for saves. Maybe Brett Myers was underrated before he was traded. CoCo Cordero is not the short term or long term answer there. Look for a healthy dose of see what we got moing forward in Houston; Wilton Lopez and anyone else with a creditable arm could see chances if Cordero is shown the door,
- The situation in Milwaukee isn't much better. Axford was awful, them K-rod was worse than awful if that's entirely possible and now it looks like a committee thing. Now to make it worse the Brewers have fired bullpen coach Stan Kyles, because clearly it was his fault.
- In trade rumors it seems like Jonathon Broxton is going to get moved. He is rumored to be going to Texas and will assume a set-up role in front of Joe Nathan. Greg Holland will/should be the pick-up in the wake of a trade happening.
- Also in trade news Rafael Betancourt is being, well pun intended courted by several teams on the fringe of contention. He is signed cheaply for the next 2 years and would make sense for teams looking for an upgrade for next year in their closer situation. Rex Brothers or Matt Belisle would assume the closer role, if Colorado actually gets a save chance.
- Continuing with the trade rumors, Brandon League is drawing interest from the Giants. Now this is a situation where he may gain value. Bochy is a fickle beast and likes using his guys, Casilla and Romo in set-up roles, unfortunately he was forced to used Casilla there, with great results here and there. League could sneak his way into a closer role there and squeak out some late season value.
Stick around after the jump for closer rankings and Hold Tiers