Casey in the back.....end of games to stay
- Sergio Santos has kicked the fantasy bucket, so to speak. He will have another surgery on his shoulder and miss the rest of the year. Casey Janssen continues to shine in his role as the teams closer, converting 13 of 14 save opportunites. Now that he is embedded in that spot he will make a few spot jump in the rankings.
- In Miami, Heath Bell has been kicked aside for now as he closer and Juan what's his name has a UCL sprain and will miss the next month. Steve Cishek has gotten the lone save chance in the past 7 days. So optimistically he is the closer, but counting stats may not be there. Still he is the guy getting the call so worth rostering everywhere.
- Aroldis Chapman pitched 3 consecutive games for the first time in his career, garnering 2 saves and 8 K's in 3 innings pitched. With the NL central race 3 horse race right now I wonder how the stress of pitching in bigger more meaningful games and more frequently will wear on the Cuban.
- Frank Francisco's return from the DL hit a snag, he will be shut down for the next week-10 days with reoccurring soreness in his oblique. Bobby Parnell is the guy in the spot, but I think I would rather trust my sister or punt that roster spot for a 2 start streamer for the week.
- The trade deadline is coming up and fast. Names being thrown around include Rafael Betancourt, Brett Myers and Matt Capps, with secondary relief options like Grant Balfour and Brandon League, Both secondary options may be valuable pieces if traded to the right place as a save speculation. Saves are all about speculation so stay on top off the ball and grab the next best names from the teams, Matt Belisle and Rex Brothers, Wilton Lopez, Glen Perkins and Jared Burton are all names to keep tabs on.
Rankings and Hold tiers after the jump.