This week, like the ever growing trend of this year to date the relief pitching corps are in constant in flux. So have a gander at how I would rank the best conclusionary pitchers and the guys that set them up.
- Santiago Casilla pulled up semi-lame on Friday, no DL looks to be in his future as of me writing this. Sergio Romo picked up the slack and garnered 2 save chances converting them successfully.
- Huston Street's return looks like it's coming and coming this week. He returns from a 3 week lay off from a Lat injury. Dale Thayer can be be reserved for the time being until we make sure that Street comes back and doesn't re-injure himself.
- Since completely tanking and looking left for dead two weeks ago, Heath Bell has converted a league high 8 saves. Just for giggles throw in 2 holds to boot. He may start creeping up the list a little just because you kind of have to with a hot streak.
- The situation with the Angels is making fantasy owners mad. Mike Scioscia don't care he is like the honey badger of fantasy counting stats. Frieri has been lights out but Downs still looms in certain situations. Both should be rostered until Ernesto takes the reigns full-time.
- The Mariners demotion of Brandon League has opened up the door for someone anyone to walk through and take over. So far it has been Hisashi Iwakuma, the Japanese pitcher signed to be a starter and since thrown in the bullpen. He has picked up 2 quick saves and should be rostered for the immediate future until another candidate actually gets a chance.