ATLANTA, GA - JUNE 17: Jim Johnson #43 of the Baltimore Orioles closes during the interleague game against the Atlanta Braves at Turner Field on June 17, 2012 in Atlanta, Georgia. The Baltimore Orioles defeated the Atlanta Braves 2-0. (Photo by Todd Kirkland/Getty Images)
- Matt Capps has some shoulder woes, Gardenhire has stated he doesn't think it's too awful. Capps has been a decent RP 2 for most of the year. Guys to monitor in case of injury are Jared Burton and Glen Perkins. Both of those guys seem like in house options if Capps gets traded in a month or so also.
- Drew Storen is less than a month away as quoted by himself. Tyler Clippard has done swimmingly in his stead after appearances by a H-rod and a Lidge, who was recently designated for assignment.
- Ryan Cook is the future of rock and roll. No really but it's fun to speculate his career after baseball. Ryan has taken the horns and ran with them in Oakland. Barring something unforeseen he should continue to gather a slew of counting stats while helping all peripheral categories.
- Tom Wilhelmsen is gaining some momentum and has me saying, Brandon who? He has garnered 4 save chances in his last 6 total appearances and is a K machine, while sporting great 4-1 K/BB rate. Seattle may not get as many chances to have him soaring up the rankings but stats are stats.
- It seems as though the inevitable has well inevitably happened in Anaheim as Ernesto Frieri was always the favorite to take over anyways. Scott Downs has been up and down with injury and hasn't been able to solidify enough to show he deserves some save chances. I would still roster both, because Downs doesn't do anything to hurt your roster.