I finally gave-up and sat Cincinnatti Reds OF Jay Bruce. In his place, I am starting San Francisco Giants' OF Aaron Rowand. I am sure I have waited at least a month too long to make this move. Bruce hits HRs but has such a poor AVG that he provides very little else. The Reds now have him batting in the lower third of their order, which will further diminish his counting stat opportunities.
This got me to thinking what other players are likely still in starting line-ups of most mixed leagues. Here is an All-Star team of players who should be out of fantasy line-up but likely remain there based on name recognition.
- C Russell Martin, Los Angeles Dodgers
- 1B Chris Davis, Texas Rangers
- 2B Dan Uggla Florida Marlins
- SS Jimmy Rollins, Philadelphia Phillies
- 3B Alex Rodriguez, New York Yankees
- OF Jay Bruce, Cincinnati Reds
- OF Magglio Ordonez, Chicago White Sox
- OF OF Corey Hart, Milwaukee Brewers
- SP John Lackey, Los Angeles Angels
- SP Roy Oswalt, Houston Astros
- SP Francisco Liriano, Minnesota Twins
- CL Kerry Wood, Cleveland Indians