Peter Gammons reports the Boston Red Sox are looking for "a Justin Smoak, Matt LaPorta or Brett Wallace." Wow. Stupid is as stupid does aside, are there any contending teams who have a need for starting pitching and who is there elite prospect? This would be a match for the most retarded price tag I've seen in a while.
- New York Yankees, C Jesus Montero: No chance.
- New York Mets, OF Fernando Martinez: Unless Jason Bay walks, there is no immediate room, but, for a reclamation project like Penny, the Red Sox are just banking value.
- Milwaukee Brewers, 3B/DH Mat Gamel
- Cincinnati Reds, 1B Yonder Alonso
- Los Angeles Dodgers, Andrew Lambo
- San Francisco Giants, 1B Angel Villalona
If a rumored player's price in trade is so ridiculous, does the mainstream media have a journalistic responsibility not to report it?
No. That just applies to 40-year-old bloggers in their mother's basement. (53 votes)
Yes. Especially if they want to merit the mantle of legitimacy and not just look like hypocrites. (47 votes)
100 total votes