Sunday night, I had the pleasure of participating in a mock draft with a number of fantasy bloggers for Seamless Baseball's 2008 fantasy guide. My fellow experts were:
1. Pete Abbate and Zach Piso of Rotonomics
2. Bob Taylor of Fantasy Hurler
3. Brad Stewart of MLB Front Office
4. Tim McLeod of RotoRob
5. David Chase of Brock for Broglio
6. Tony in Hitchin of Fantasy Baseball Mafia
7. Knox Bardeen of Crooked Pitch
8. three Seamless goons from Seamless Baseball
The draft was held on Mock Draft Central. Each team needed a 23-man roster (2 C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, 5 OF, UT, 9 P), and 20 games played were required for a player to have eligibility at a position.
I have been asked to answer six questions about my draft and could use your help with them. Here are the questions followed by my roster and a link to the draft grid. Obviously, some will be harder for anyone outside my head to answer, but you could guess anyways. To help, I had the 3rd overall pick, and I rearranged the players into the positions rathert than presenting them in the order in which I took them.
1. Your first round pick: Skill, luck or fate?
2. What was your draft strategy?
3. Would you do anything differently?
4. Your best pick?
5. Your worst pick?
6. If this league were being played out, how would you look to improve your team?
Link to Draft Grid.